Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Budget First Appearances

It's not much, but they are the highlights of my very new collection

Comic books exist in a really niche, volatile, market. It is hard to predict which comics will gain some value and which will remain relativeness worthless as far as monetary value goes. But one thing you can count on is that the stock of first appearances tend to rise over time.

It is hard on a new collector because because most firsts are already very costly. However I have managed to find a few first appearances that are still relatively cheap and would make a great addition to any beginners collection.

Batman: Sword of Azrael - First appearance of Azrael
   
     The one time foe is now considered a member of the Batman family and even took over as the Batman for a brief stint.

Batman: Shadow of the Bat #1 - First appearance of Victor Zsasz
   
     Victor Zsasz is in my opinion one of the better villians in Batman's Rogue Gallery. He has had a few story lines dedicated to him and had a pretty cool role in the videogame Arkham City.

Detective Comics #608 - First appearance of Anarky
   
     I don't know much about this character except for the role he played in the Arkham Origins video game. Regardless, I love what they did with his character in that game and I hope to see a lot from him in the future (which would also help the value of this comic).

Savage She-Hulk #1 - First Appearance of She-Hulk 

     I was surprised I was able to get this one so cheap. She-Hulk has played a steady role in the Marvel universe for years now. My (admittingly amateur) opinion is that this issue can gain some pretty decent value in the coming years.

I managed to snag all of these issues for under $20 at www.newkadia.com (which is a very cool site BTW).

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to hear about any other budget first appearances!

    ReplyDelete